Can grapes grow in Chennai Climate??? Look for yourself

                                         Can grapes grow in Chennai Climate??? Look for yourself

 Can grapes grow in Chennai Climate??? Ofcourse yes!!

I bought this grape plant about 2 years back in Chennai. I started growing it only as an experiment. I knew I have to give it sometime before expecting fruits. My initial doubts were about the climate. I planted it on a 15*15 grow bag and placed it on a sunny spot. Within few days I saw new leaves which gave me confidence. Then I built a trellis not too high or not too small. Once the leaves reached the trellis and after atleast 10 more new leaves growth I started to cut the leaves near the root, which helped to new leaves growth on the top. 

Grow Bag:  Grapes need lot of space to grow. It is best to plant on floor. If you do not have space then use 24* 24 inch bag ( 2 feet). It can be placed on the ground floor and the trellis can be taken to the roof top. 

Trellis :  Grapes need separate trellis. Its better to have separate trellis for grapes. It should not be too tall.  5 feet Trellis is the best.  

                          7                                                   12 July 

      
               13 July                                                           18 July 
     
 
                   08 Sep                                        11 Sep              


Time:  It takes approximately 2 years for the plant to start fruiting. 

Harvest : once all the grapes turned black I harvested the grapes.  After 11 sep (pic) within a week all the grapes turned black in colour. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tulsi Madam Makeover / துளசி மாடம் அலங்காரம்

How to Easily Compost Kitchen Waste in an Apartment